After some kick-starting inspiration I have decided to write a Steam Punk novel. I’m in the very early stages and it currently doesn’t even have a proper name! However, I am going to try and write this as part of NaNoWriMO so wish me luck!
Participating in NaNoWriMo has been a very last minute decision and I’m still very new to the whole system. The way I understand it, is that it is a challenge to write 50,000 – a full novel throughout the month of November – phew, this is going to be a tall order!
But, I’ve started off today, the 1st of November and I have submitted 954 words so far. I’d ideally like to double this amount by the end of the day so I can be ahead of the daily average of 1600 words required to make 50,000 in 30 days.
Apparently there is a place to plan out novels, I’ve not found this yet, but I’m looking forward to creating some lovely excel tables about how many words written and how many to go…
- NaNoWriMo 2013: Want to Write a Novel? (firstnightdesign.wordpress.com)
- Will my NaNoWriMo novel be inspired? (donnasfamilylife.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013: Want to Write a Novel? (elisajosephine.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: how to write a novel in a month (telegraph.co.uk)
- Why I Should Not Partake in NaNoWriMo (cultivatinghabits.com)